Did you leave SUNY Broome and transfer to a different college before completing your certificate or associate degree? Do you have credits from multiple institutions? You may be able to earn your certificate or associate degree without taking any more classes through a reverse transfer. A reverse transfer is the process of transferring college credits from other institutions back to SUNY Broome to complete your program requirements and earn your degree!
What are the benefits of earning your associate degree?
- Earning your associate degree is a marketable credential for your resume and can put you ahead of other individuals working toward a degree
- Reaching alumni status at SUNY Broome opens up a world of possibilities
- There is no risk. College credits earned at another institution remain valid at the same institution and you may still pursue a degree there
What criteria is required to earn your associate degree through reverse transfer?
- Have completed 12+ credit hours at SUNY Broome
- Earned a C or better in courses from other institution(s)
- Completed 60-63 credits as designated by the desired academic program
- Completed relevant requirements as designated by the desired academic program
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at SUNY Broome
- Proof of high school graduation, or the equivalent
What is the cost?
- The only cost to you is the fee to order an official transcript from your other institution(s)
Where to begin?
- Complete the Degree Completion form below or if you attended other SUNY institutions, complete the SUNY Reverse Transfer Application
- Request official transcripts from all colleges you attended (other than SUNY Broome) be sent to SUNY Broome Community College, PO Box 1017, Binghamton, New York 13902 or emailed electronically to Transcripts@sunybroome.edu.
We can also help you figure out what additional credits you might need to finish your degree if you are still in the process of taking classes at your other institution. If you feel that you have not met all of the above criteria, complete our form below and we will work with you individually to explore other degree completion options.
If you have attended SUNY Broome in the past and are interested in returning to Broome or exploring reverse transfer options, please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in contact with you within 1 to 2 business days: