Hospitality Management: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to operate a variety of commercial hospitality enterprises.
- Evidence an ability to maintain sustainable hospitality financial operations while affecting cost controls for profitable hospitality operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the staffing, labor costs and controls, diversity, scheduling and human resource applications for a variety of hospitality concerns through application of theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to communicate legal and ethical concerns related to a variety of hospitality operations.
The 100% online Hospitality Management A.A.S. degree is designed to give students a foundational education as aspiring hospitality executives and professionals. Whether the goal is to own or operate your own independent hospitality operation, or serve a commercial entity such as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Starbucks or Texas Roadhouse, this degree is for you. Offered completely online, the Hospitality Management degree provides an asynchronous learning platform permitting the student to complete their studies any time of day from anywhere in the world where there is internet access.
Fall Semester (12 Credits)
- HOS 101 - Introductions for the Hospitality Freshman
- HOS 110 - Hospitality Industry Certifications
- EVE 101 - Fundamentals of Event Management
- BIT 206 - IT for Service Industries
Spring Semester (16 Credits)
- HOS 115 - Hospitality Marketing & Promotions
- HOS 242 - Hospitality Human Resources
- BUS 108 - Accounting for a Service Business
- ENG 110 - College Writing I
- BHM 201 - Hotel/Restaurant Internship I
Fall Semester (15 Credits)
- Liberal Arts Elective Credits: 3
- ENG Advisor Approved English Elective Credits: 3
- BHM 230 - Front Office Operations Management
- BHM 101 - Basic Nutrition
- BIO 121 - Basic Nutrition
- CUL 205 - Menu Merchandising and Marketing