Food Science: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will apply knowledge gained in food chemistry to the development, preservation, processing, and packaging of safe food products.
- Students will use advanced instrumentation and processes to investigate food properties at the molecular level.
- Students will communicate complex food science information in both formal papers and group presentations.
- Students will identify the macroscale properties of food and explain how these properties depend on the chemistry of the molecules that make up food.
- Students will demonstrate working competencies in areas related to Brewing, Food production and packaging, Food Analysis, or Fermentation.
Our program uses a hands-on approach to gaining the knowledge and skills for this dynamic industry. We utilize state-of-the-art techniques and equipment to prepare you for your future food science career.
This program is aimed at readying students for career paths as food science technicians in various industrial food manufacturing settings that include brewing, distilling, and the dairy food sector. Students in our program would be able to transfer to four-year institutions. Students would be able to transfer into fields such as Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Agriculture Engineering, and more!