Beat Production and Recording: Certificate
The Certificate in Beat Production and Recording at SUNY Broome Community College is a great choice for students interested in starting a career in music production. This program focuses on recording technology, digital audio software, and writing beats while building foundational knowledge in music theory and music history. Students will also gain experience that can be applied to other audio-related areas, including sound design for film or video games, broadcast media, live sound reinforcement, and more.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate skill level with music recording and production technology.
- Develop a collection of original contemporary beat-based music.
- Perform in an ensemble and demonstrate appropriate concert etiquette during a performance.
- Describe, recognize, and aurally distinguish different musical styles and forms.
- Demonstrate proficiency reading music notation.
Produce and compose your own music, professionally mix and master audio tracks, learn to collaborate with other creators and much more! You can now make music from anywhere in the world, and this certificate is the perfect way to get started. Dive in now for this perfect combination of theory, tech and performance, and get the skills and portfolio to advance further with your passion for music.
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Brenda Dawe, Chairperson
+1 (607) 778-5061
Campus Services, Room 115A