Criminal Justice – Corrections - A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will describe the components of the criminal justice system.
- Students will describe the duties, roles, and procedures within the field of corrections.
- Students will analyze the various options of the adjudication and corrections process.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
Whether you’re looking for a career in the corrections field or transfer to a four-year institution, the AS in Criminal Justice – Corrections is for you.
Graduates are prepared for careers in corrections, protective services, security and selected aspects of the courts systems.
This program is intended to provide:
- An instructional environment that encourages critical thinking and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding necessary to work in the field of study
- Career preparedness opportunities
- The opportunity to collaborate with the community through service learning activities
- Interaction with experienced faculty, guest speakers, common hours, and campus presentations
- The opportunity for seamless transfer and success at four-year institutions
View Full Catalog Page