Criminal Justice – Corrections - A.S.
Whether you’re looking for a career in the corrections field or transfer to a four-year institution, the AS in Criminal Justice – Corrections is for you.
Students study corrections administration, juvenile justice, correctional law, criminal law, criminal procedural law, constitutional law and community corrections. They also may choose electives in forensic science, criminal investigation, security administration and other areas.
Graduates are prepared for careers in corrections, protective services, security and selected aspects of the courts systems.
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Teaching staff includes local working professionals with expertise in various fields.
- Recommended math preparation: at least 2 years of high school math to include Algebra II & Trigonometry
- Program meets SUNY General Education requirements
- Courses available days and evenings although some courses may only be offered days
- Approximately 42% of the degree requirements can be completed via SUNY Broome distance learning
View Full Catalog Page