Accounting - A.A.S.
Add it up: Accountants are in demand, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
The AAS in Accounting prepares graduates for immediate employment as paraprofessionals in the accounting field. It’s also ideal for those who desire to increase their accounting knowledge and update their skills.
Students who graduate with an Accounting degree can expect to work in a variety of settings, including big and small businesses, government, healthcare and non-profit organizations.
Typical job titles for two year graduates are:
- Accounting assistant
- Office manager
- Full-charge bookkeeper
- Tax specialist/preparer
- Account Clerk
- Junior accountant
- Finance clerk
- Auditing clerk
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
- Payroll specialist
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Upper-Level accounting courses are rotated between days and evenings each semester
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Recommended math preparation: 1 year of Integrated Algebra or equivalent
- Non-accounting courses are usually offered both days and evenings
- Approximately 60% of the degree requirements can be completed via SUNY Broome distance learning
Full Catalog Entry, Mission & Goals
Program ContactsBusiness and Professional Studies
Business Building, Room 104
Division: Business and Professional Studies
Apply NowView Careers
Finding his niche: Jeff rights his course and finds a rewarding career as a CPA Read Jeff's Story
Formula for Success: Paul returns to school and lands a new career Read the Full Story