Social Media: Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively in business settings using communication technologies.
- Collaborate in a project environment utilizing teamwork skills such as creative problem solving, conflict resolution, and diversity awareness.
- Utilize technology to acquire, process and manage information for effective decision-making.
- Demonstrate mastery of discipline-specific skills in social media management including social media platform navigation, digital media creation, development and implementation of social media campaigns, and utilization of analytics to drive decision making.
Tools and tactics to leverage your brand
Social media is an integral part of our society and a key component used in businesses today. Businesses use a variety of technology components social media has to offer in order to effectively communicate and advertise to specific audiences. Current employers actively seek individuals who are proficient with social media skills to help create, launch, and monitor social media specific campaigns from start to finish. Students will learn all forms of social and digital media platforms, applications and tactics. This will include strategy, design, analysis and discernment of the proper tools for each task. A key component of the certificate is its broad development of a student’s adaptability to emerging technology, and nurturing of their ability to assess innovative connected–media resources for business efficiency and potential impact. Students will be able to showcase these critical social media and digital marketing skills to a wide range of potential employers and entrepreneurial initiatives.
All students will complete courses in: Social Media for Professional Use, Marketing, Advanced Digital Media Content, Electronic Commerce, Advertising, Writing for Media, Project Management, and Photoshop.
7-week course format
SUNY Broome is now making it easier than ever to get the skills you need so you can get the job you want. Courses in our valuable Social Media Certificate are offered in a series of 7-week blocks, all fully online! This shorter course format gives students:
- A balanced schedule: focus on 3 classes at a time, rather than 4 or 5 classes at once
- Quicker access to advanced skills: progress more quickly through higher level skills in a single year
- Job readiness: obtain powerful skillsets in an exploding industry
Whether you are interested in just taking a class, or enrolling full-time in the certificate program, let’s talk about this new opportunity!
|First 7 weeks||Second 7 weeks|
|BIT 142 Social Media||BIT 143 Social Media Campaigns|
|BIT 180 Digital Media|
|BUS 141 Marketing (full 15 weeks)|
|First 7 weeks||Second 7 weeks|
|BIT 185 Photoshop||BIT 200 Spreadsheets|
|BIT 265 Project Management|
|COM 115 Writing for the Media (full 15 weeks)|
- Applied learning opportunities available through projects
- Small classes provide individual attention
- Program is available fully online
- Full and part-time study available
- Credits earned transfer directly into the AAS in Business Information Management or the AAS in Website Development & Management programs
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Denise Wells, Chairperson
+1 (607) 778-5355
Business Building, Room 135