Social Media: Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively in business settings using communication technologies.
- Collaborate in a project environment utilizing teamwork skills such as creative problem solving, conflict resolution, and diversity awareness.
- Utilize technology to acquire, process and manage information for effective decision-making.
- Demonstrate mastery of discipline-specific skills in social media management including social media platform navigation, digital media creation, development and implementation of social media campaigns, and utilization of analytics to drive decision making.
Tools and tactics to leverage your brand
Social media is an integral part of our society and a key component used in businesses today. Businesses use a variety of technology components social media has to offer in order to effectively communicate and advertise to specific audiences. Current employers actively seek individuals who are proficient with social media skills to help create, launch, and monitor social media specific campaigns from start to finish. Students will learn all forms of social and digital media platforms, applications and tactics. This will include strategy, design, analysis and discernment of the proper tools for each task. A key component of the certificate is its broad development of a student’s adaptability to emerging technology, and nurturing of their ability to assess innovative connected–media resources for business efficiency and potential impact. Students will be able to showcase these critical social media and digital marketing skills to a wide range of potential employers and entrepreneurial initiatives.
All students will complete courses in: Social Media for Professional Use, Marketing, Advanced Digital Media Content, Electronic Commerce, Advertising, Writing for Media, Project Management, and Photoshop.
- Applied learning opportunities available through projects
- Small classes provide individual attention
- Program is available fully online
- Full and part-time study available
- Credits earned transfer directly into the AAS in Business Information Management or the AAS in Website Development & Management programs