Music Recording and Production: A.S.
Students interested in careers in music production, including recording, mixing, and mastering, will find the A.S. in Music Recording and Production the perfect place to start. This transfer degree provides students with a solid foundation in recording technology, music theory, and music history, and will fill at least seven of the ten SUNY general education requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate skills necessary to be successful within the music recording and production industry.
- Perform in an ensemble and demonstrate appropriate concert etiquette during a performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of compositional techniques.
- Describe, recognize, and aurally distinguish different musical styles and forms from the history of western music.
- Sight-read and perform with functional proficiency on the piano.
- Sight-sing in major and minor keys using solfeggio.
The A.S. in Music Recording and Production addresses contemporary and emerging needs in the industry and our 4-year transfer degree programs. Skills learned in this program can be applied not only to music recording and production, but also sound design for film and games, audio post-production, live performance and sound reinforcement, music business and more. Additionally, since the end-to-end production process is covered in coursework, motivated students may find success in freelance work. Students that complete this degree will be well prepared to transfer to a 4-year SUNY institution with music recording or industry programs.
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Brenda Dawe, Coordinator
+1 (607) 778-5061
Campus Services, 114 B