Manufacturing Technology: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and current tools of manufacturing.
- The ability to apply mathematics and science to improve efficiency and quality in manufacturing.
- The ability to creatively solve production and quality control problems.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member.
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve problems related to production and manufacturing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other technical, support and management areas.
- An ability and interest in engaging in lifelong learning.
- A respect for the ethical responsibilities of their job.
- A respect for diversity and knowledge of professional, societal, and global issues.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
SUNY Broome’s Manufacturing Technology program prepares students for immediate employment in a variety of areas such as manufacturing processes, metrology, principles of continuous improvement, CNC and statistical quality control. It is designed for full-time, part-time, day or evening students who seek an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in a technical skills area with a non-calculus mathematics approach.
This program emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering knowledge combined with practical technical skills and methods in support of advanced manufacturing, and includes a capstone project. In addition, the program allows students to train in the highly technical specialty of Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) using state-of-the-art equipment. Students will gain valuable hands-on experience with popular CNC software packages.
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Engineering Technologies
+1 (607) 778-5010
Mechanical Building 117