Mechanical Engineering Technology: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- The technical ability, with substantial independence, to manufacture, analyze and test mechanical components and systems.
- The technical capability to participate in the design of mechanical components and systems.
- The readiness and social skills necessary for team achievement of organizational goals.
- The ability to continue their education and successfully complete a Bachelor degree.
- An understanding of the interrelationship of the graduate, the organization, and society, and an awareness of the issues affecting that relationship.
SUNY Broome’s Mechanical Engineering Technology program is specifically designed to prepare students in the applied aspects of engineering. Mechanical engineering technology is a vital part of any engineering field. It requires the application of scientific and engineering knowledge and methods, combined with practical technical skills in support of engineering activities.
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Drawing and Design – CAD
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Quality Assurance
The continuing thrust for faster and more economical manufacturing methods, more realistic systems and the need for new, clean and consistent sources of energy have generated a continuing demand for mechanical engineering technicians with a high degree of technical competence.
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Engineering Technologies
+1 (607) 778-5010
Mechanical Building 117
Mechanical Engineering Technology in the News
- Recent graduates have been employed in areas such as process development, product design, quality control, reliability analysis, heat-power, technical sales, purchasing or product development.
- Job opportunities exist both regionally and nationally, with starting salaries for graduates averaging over $30,000/yr.
- Graduates with a minimum GPA of 2.5 can receive a full two-year transfer of credit toward the requirements of a Bachelors of Technology degree.