Fire Protection Technology: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will understand the basic principles of firefighting.
- Students will understand fire behavior and the chemistry of fire.
- Students will understand the history and structure of laws in the United States.
- Students will understand the functions of line and staff personnel within the fire service organization.
If you’re looking for a career in the fire service, the AAS degree in Fire Protection Technology is for you. This program prepares graduates for careers in firefighting, fire detection and prevention, and arson investigation.
This program is intended to provide:
- An instructional environment that encourages critical thinking and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding necessary to work in the field of study
- Career preparedness opportunities
- The opportunity to collaborate with the community through service learning activities
- Interaction with experienced faculty, guest speakers, common hours, and campus presentations
- The opportunity for seamless transfer and success at four-year institutions (with specific advisement)
Students interested in transferring for continued study towards a bachelor's degree in fire science or related areas should work early and often with a SUNY Broome transfer counselor.
Popular Transfer Colleges and Universities:
- SUNY Empire State College
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- SUNY - Canton
- SUNY - Delhi