Environmental Science: A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain environmental issues related to New York State, the United States and the world.
- Understand the scientific concepts that intimately affect environmental problems and solutions.
- Define the policies and solutions used by governmental agencies and individuals to respond to environmental issues.
- Understand the interrelationship of social capital, economic capital and natural capital and how they relate to the concepts of sustainability and environmental health.
- Understand how small changes in the lifestyle of an individual can contribute to worldwide environmental sustainability.
- Be informed of the various careers and transfer opportunities in the Environmental Sciences.
Go green with a degree in Environmental Science! Courses such as environmental policy, science and ecology will give you a firm grounding in the field. Plus, travel to the Florida Everglades to gain a unique, firsthand perspective on one of the world’s endangered wilderness areas.
SUNY Broome’s Environmental Science program is designed to give you a solid foundation for transfer to a four-year program in Environmental Science or a related field.
7-week field study course format
SUNY Broome is now making it easier than ever to get the education you need to prepare for the career want. A variety of field study courses are offered in a series of 7-week blocks. This shorter course format provides students with:
- A balanced schedule
- Quicker exposure to hands-on, advanced skills
- A truly immersive experience in fieldwork