Engineering Science: A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Successfully transfer into a four year engineering program with full junior status.
- Design and construct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the principles and computational tools of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve a wide variety of engineering problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and function as members and leaders of multidisciplinary teams.
Prepare for your future with SUNY Broome’s Engineering Science degree.
Our program is modeled on the first two years of Engineering programs at four-year schools. The degree will allow you to transfer as a full junior to many top colleges and universities, where you can complete a Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field of your choice. A selection of technical electives will allow smooth transfer into most engineering programs and students often finish their Bachelor’s Degree in just two additional years.
All of our students take courses in Engineering Design, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Microprocessors, English and Social Sciences. Students also choose a series of five technical electives appropriate for each of their individual career paths. If planning to transfer into Civil or Mechanical Engineering programs, students will take electives including Statics, Dynamics and Strength of Materials. For Electrical and Computer Engineering programs, Digital Logic, Circuits and two semesters of C++ programming are taken. Future Chemical Engineering majors need to take two semesters of Organic Chemistry. Biological or Environmental engineers usually take two semesters of Biology.
All students are welcome to enroll in the Engineering Science program, but for a student to finish in two years, they must enter in the fall semester having completed Math 12 (Pre-Calc), Regents Physics and Regents Chemistry*.
Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Physics can pursue a similar path with individual advising from our faculty to make sure their program matches up with their desired transfer institution program.
*Summer classes are available at SUNY Broome and online in each of these areas.
Engineering Science in the News
Engineering Science graduates transfer as juniors to:
- Binghamton University
- Clarkson University
- Cornell University
- Penn State
- Syracuse University
- University at Buffalo
- and many other colleges and universities across the country.
Transfer majors include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Biological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Systems Engineering
Students are urged to contact Transfer Universities to receive up-to-date program information enabling them to choose the best course options.