Criminal Justice – Police: A.A.S.
The Criminal Justice – Police A.A.S. program prepares students for positions in any field of criminal justice, with an emphasis on law enforcement. Courses are taught by faculty with real-world experience. The program features a blend of SUNY General Education and Liberal Arts requirements along with coursework specific to policing. This program promotes critical thinking, professionalism, and ethical responsibility. With specific advisement, the program may also prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will describe the components of the criminal justice system.
- Students will describe the duties, roles, and procedures within the field of law enforcement.
- Students will analyze the role of discretion throughout the justice system and law enforcement operations.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
This program is no longer accepting new students.
If you’re looking for a career in law enforcement the AAS in Criminal Justice-Police is for you. Graduates are prepared for positions in such areas as law enforcement, crime analysis, dispatch, security, corrections, and juvenile justice. Students may also transfer to a four year institution through specific advisement.
This program is intended to provide:
- An instructional environment that encourages critical thinking and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding necessary to work in the field of study
- Career preparedness opportunities
- The opportunity to collaborate with the community through service learning activities
- Interaction with experienced faculty, guest speakers, common hours, and campus presentations
- The opportunity for seamless transfer and success at four-year institutions (with specific advisement)
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Business and Professional Studies
+1 (607) 778-5008
Business Building, Room 104
Widget not in any sidebars
Popular Transfer Colleges and Universities
- SUNY- Cortland
- SUNY- Canton
- SUNY - Delhi
- SUNY Empire State
- Excelsior College
- The University of Limerick