Business Information Management: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively in business settings by exchanging ideas through correct and persuasive written statements, oral presentations, active listening, and the use of communication technologies.
- Collaborate by applying the following skills in a project environment: teamwork, time management, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, customer service, and community engagement.
- Acquire, process and manage information using core technology skills including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, Web tools, information access, evaluation, and application.
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of discipline-specific skills in one of the following areas of specialization: business applications, business analytics, front-end website development and maintenance, social media management, new media design, or office administration.
Linking students with successful careers in technology and business, SUNY Broome’s Business Information Management AAS program covers a range of cutting-edge fields, including:
- Social Media Management
- Business Analytics
- Web Design
- Microsoft Office Certifications
- New Media Design
- Can be completed totally online or a combination of on campus and online classes
- Available on a part-time or full-time basis
- Can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Offer flexible degree options
- Apply credits from other programs to earn your degree quickly.
- Students with existing degrees can earn a second degree with as few as 15 credits.
- Opportunities for applied learning through internships and service learning
BIM programs are designed primarily for students planning immediate entry into the workforce and for those seeking to upgrade their skills or change career focus. Students seeking to continue their education after graduating from SUNY Broome should work closely with their advisor early and often to plan their transfer.