Business Information Management: A.A.S.
The mission of the Business Information Management program is to prepare students for careers that require a solid foundation in both business and information technology such as business application specialist, office administration, social media management, web design, new media design, and business analytics, through the use of innovative teaching methods, diverse modes of instruction, flexibility of course selections, and the inclusion of 21st century workplace skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively in business settings by exchanging ideas through correct and persuasive written statements, oral presentations, active listening, and the use of communication technologies.
- Collaborate by applying the following skills in a project environment: teamwork, time management, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, customer service, and community engagement.
- Acquire, process and manage information using core technology skills including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, Web tools, information access, evaluation, and application.
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of discipline-specific skills in one of the following areas of specialization: business applications, business analytics, front-end website development and maintenance, social media management, new media design, or office administration.
2+2 Articulation Agreement with Bellevue University
SUNY Broome and Bellevue University partner to offer seamless online transfer paths in Business Analytics and Web Development: SUNY Broome students now have the opportunity to participate in two unique 2+2 partnerships for Bachelor of Science degrees in business analytics and web development. Learn more about this opportunity!
Linking students with successful careers in technology and business, SUNY Broome’s Business Information Management AAS program covers a range of cutting-edge fields, including:
- Social Media Management
- Business Analytics
- Web Design
- Microsoft Office Certifications
- New Media Design
- Can be completed totally online or a combination of on campus and online classes
- Available on a part-time or full-time basis
- Can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Offer flexible degree options
- Apply credits from other programs to earn your degree quickly.
- Students with existing degrees can earn a second degree with as few as 15 credits.
- Opportunities for applied learning through internships and service learning
+1 (607) 778-5001
Current Students:Denise Wells, Chairperson
+1 (607) 778-5355
Business Building, Room 135
100% of this program can be completed online.
BIM In the News
View all BIM News
- SUNY Broome and Bellevue University partner to offer seamless online transfer paths in Business Analytics and Web Development
- Black History Month: Honoring Our Hornet Alumni
- Stacy Marrow: Solving the Problems of Practice in Higher Education Through Holistic Student Support
- A new path and a new hometown: Roilan finds success in a digital world
For other transfer opportunities, BIM students should work closely with their faculty mentors.