Sports Management: A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts and terms in accounting, marketing, management, and law.
- Effectively solve basic discipline-specific problems in the industry of sports.
- Solve statistical problems in business.
- Communicate effectively in organizational settings.
- Analyze and respond effectively to legal and ethical situations in diverse organizations.
- Plan, organize, and conduct athletic activities.
The AS in Sports Management prepares graduates for careers in the dynamic sports industry. A curriculum of sports management, business and general education courses combined with a valuable sports-related practicum or internship provides students with a solid foundation for a sports management career.
Careers in sports management are varied and may require various levels of education and experience. Therefore, students should think carefully about which area they wish to focus on. Students who have studied sports management find employment in a variety of sports-related organizations, such as:
- Sports teams (professional, semi-professional, collegiate)
- Sporting goods manufacturers/retailers (Nike, Dick’s, Calloway, Under Armour, Champion, Everlast, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc.)
- Sports facilities (arenas, car/horse racetracks, stadiums, golf courses, etc.)
Many sports management careers are business-oriented in areas such as marketing, human resources, legal-related, sales, advertising/promotion and general management. Students are encouraged to continue their education and earn a four-year degree for the best employment opportunities.
- Program is designed to transfer well to other SUNY colleges and universities for a four-year degree in sports management
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Recommended math preparation: 1 year of Integrated Algebra or equivalent
- Program meets SUNY General Education requirements
- Courses available days and evenings although some courses may only be offered days
- Approximately 70% of the degree requirements can be completed via SUNY Broome distance learning
The Business of Sports: Watkins Glen donates memorabilia and announces scholarship at SUNY BroomeRead the Full Story
- SUNY Canton
- St. John Fisher