Office Administration - A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Effective Business Communication
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to exchange ideas through correct and persuasive written statements, oral presentations, active listening, and the use of communication technologies.
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate the ability to apply the following skills in a project environment: teamwork, time management, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, diversity awareness, customer service, and community engagement.
- Information Literacy/Core Technology
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate core competency in information literacy and information technology including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, Web tools, information access, evaluation, and application.
- Discipline Specific Skills
- Graduates of BIT programs will demonstrate appropriate mastery of discipline specific skills in one of the following areas: office administration, office technology, desktop publishing, or Website development and maintenance.
Get a start on your career with a degree in Office Administration! Our program combines IT skills with business communication and management, preparing students for one of the largest and most stable career areas available. Career options include work in businesses, law offices, medical offices, schools, colleges and nonprofits, as well as a virtual assistant, providing support to small businesses and other professionals from your own home.
Students in the Office Administration concentrate their studies in areas such as Office applications, information processing, business communications and office management. The AAS in Office Administration prepares graduates for entry-level positions in administrative support, office management or related areas. Students develop skills in such areas as:
- Office technology software
- Professional development
- Business communication
- Database management
- Advanced spreadsheets
- Presentation software
- Effective business writing
- Business math
Office Administration graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in such areas or positions as:
- Medical office management
- Legal office management
- Office management
- Executive assistant
- Word processing
- Database administration
- Full or part-time study available
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Applied learning opportunities available through internships, projects and service learning
- Earn valuable industry certifications through completed coursework
- Innovative and creative environment
- Small classes provide individual attention
- Courses taught by knowledgeable, subject-matter experts
- State of the art technology utilized in courses
View Full Catalog Page