New Media Design - Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to create an effective multimedia graphic design piece that merges typography, digital imagery and time-based media that clearly communicates a message to a targeted audience.
- Students will be able to articulate the role of visual communication within society, and implement the creative process to solve diverse design problems.
- Students will be able to work competently in a variety of digital media environments.
- Students will be able to create multimedia design and video pieces that effectively communicate within diverse social media platforms geared towards advertising and social networking.
- Students will be able to examine and participate in virtual communities and distance learning environments.
- Demonstrate a full command of a variety of software packages and develop creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Be able to apply classical formalist design theory to solving complex visual communication problems.
It’s a digital world, and SUNY Broome’s certificate in New Media Design will help you stay on top.
Employers actively seek new media designers who can participate in every phase of project development, from brainstorming and planning through design, programming, production and distribution.
All students will complete a set of courses: Two-Dimensional Design, Beginning Drawing, Computer Graphics, Basics of Website Creation, Social Media for Professional Use, Digital Photography, Advanced Computer Imagery, Motion Graphics, Filmmaking, Mobile Web App Development, and Interactive Web sites.
- Complete the program in 9 months (two semesters) as a full-time student, providing course prerequisites have been met.
- Full and part-time study available
- Up to 50 % of coursework can be completed online.
- Credits earned transfer directly into the AAS in Business Information Management.
- Learn marketable technology skills
- Earn valuable industry certifications through completed coursework
- Applied learning opportunities available through internships and projects
- Innovative and creative learning environment
- State of the art technology utilized in courses
- Small classes provide individual attention
- Courses taught by knowledgeable, subject-matter experts
View Full Catalog Page
Current Students:Mark Ryan, Chairperson
+1 (607) 778-5132
Business Building, Room 104
Department: Business Information Technology
Division: Business and Professional Studies