Mechanical Engineering Technology - A.A.S.
SUNY Broome’s Mechanical Engineering Technology program is specifically designed to prepare students in the applied aspects of engineering. Mechanical engineering technology is a vital part of any engineering field. It requires the application of scientific and engineering knowledge and methods, combined with practical technical skills in support of engineering activities.
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Drawing and Design – CAD
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Quality Assurance
The continuing thrust for faster and more economical manufacturing methods, more realistic systems and the need for new, clean and consistent sources of energy have generated a continuing demand for mechanical engineering technicians with a high degree of technical competence.
Graduates with an Associate in Applied Science degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology will demonstrate:
- the ability to continue their education and successfully complete a Bachelor of Technology degree.
- the technical capability to participate in the design of mechanical components and systems.
- the technical capability, with substantial independence, to manufacture, analyze and test mechanical components and systems.
- readiness and social skills necessary for team achievement of organization goals.
- an understanding of the interrelationship of the graduate, the organization and society, and an awareness of the issues affecting that relationship.
Full Catalog Entry, Mission & Goals
Program ContactsEngineering Technologies
Mechanical Building 117
Department: Engineering Technologies Department
Division: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Apply NowView Careers
Engine of success: Tiffany shifts gears from race instructor to future engineer Read Tiffany's Story A notebook full of ideas: Stephanie pursues a future in Mechanical Engineering Tech Read the full story
- Recent graduates have been employed in areas such as process development, product design, quality control, reliability analysis, heat-power, technical sales, purchasing or product development.
- Job opportunities exist both regionally and nationally, with starting salaries for graduates averaging over $30,000/yr.
- Graduates with a minimum GPA of 2.5 can receive a full two-year transfer of credit toward the requirements of a Bachelors of Technology degree.