Liberal Arts and Sciences - A.S.
In SUNY Broome’s LAAS Science Program you will experience small class sizes, connect with faculty mentors and advisors, and enjoy the opportunity to explore unique classes designed to help students excel in University science programs.
The program’s flexibility allows it to be adapted for students who have clear transfer and career goals as well as those who are as yet unsure of what scientific discipline they would like to study.
This program is designed for students planning careers in such areas as:
- Health Care – Physician, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Dentist, Veterinarian, etc.
- Biological Science – Environmental Scientist, Forester, Wildlife Biologist, Microbiologist, Geneticist, Marine Biologist, etc.
- Chemistry – Biochemist, Marine Chemist, Forensic Chemist, Food Scientist, etc.
- Physical Science – Astronomer, Geologist, Meteorologist, Paleontologist, Physicist, etc.
- Science Education –Science Teachers (Elementary, Middle, or High School), College Professors, etc.
Students deciding to pursue full-time study may meet all program requirements in a two academic years. Schedules designed for those requiring preparatory courses or those deciding to pursue part-time study may require more time.
Full Catalog Entry, Mission & Goals
Program ContactsDr. Richard F. Firenze
Natural Science Center, Room 207E
Department: STEM Division
Division: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Apply NowView Careers