Business Administration: International Business - A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and terms in accounting, marketing, management, and law.
- Solve statistical problems in business.
- Communicate effectively in organizational settings.
- Analyze and respond effectively to legal and ethical situations in diverse and global organizations.
The AS in Business Administration: International Business prepares students to transfer to a four-year college or university to obtain a bachelor’s degree in such areas as global business, international economics, international trade management, international marketing or international finance. Students develop leading-edge knowledge concerning the practice of global business.
The program combines courses in international business, international marketing, economics and accounting with liberal arts courses in such areas as cultural anthropology, international geography, Latin American history and Japanese civilization. Students can also choose to study abroad as part of their academic program.
Students who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in international business or similar business disciplines can expect to work for organizations or companies as:
- A bank with international operations
- A domestic subsidiary of a foreign corporation
- An international organization such as the United Nations
- An import/export trading company
- An international marketing company
- An international investment company
- The US government
- Program is designed to transfer well to other SUNY colleges and universities for a four-year degree in international business or similar business disciplines.
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters.
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Recommended math preparation: 4 years of high school math with preparation for calculus.
- Program meets SUNY General Education requirements.
- Courses available days, evenings and online.
- Approximately 95% of the degree requirements can be completed via distance learning.
View Full Catalog Page
Current Students:Business and Professional Studies
+1 (607) 778-5008
Business Building, Room 104
Division: Business and Professional Studies
Popular Transfer Colleges/Universities:
- Binghamton University
- SUNY Brockport
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- Canisius College
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY Buffalo
- Hofstra University
- Baruch College (CUNY)
- Niagara University