Fire Protection Technology - A.A.S.
Prepare for a career in the fire service with an AAS degree in Fire Protection Technology.
The program prepares graduates for careers in firefighting, fire detection and prevention, arson investigation and fire department administration. Students study firefighting tactics, fire prevention and protection, legal aspects of fire protection, building construction, fire service hydraulics, fire investigation, fire protection and suppression systems and fire department administration.
Teaching staff includes working professionals with expertise in various fields. Courses taken at the New York State Academy of Fire Science will be reviewed for potential credit on an individual basis.
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Recommended math preparation: at least 1 year of high school math to include Integrated Algebra or equivalent
- Fire Protection (FRS) courses are offered on a rotating basis with each FRS course typically offered once every three semesters.
- Courses available days and evenings although some courses may only be offered evenings.
View Full Catalog Page
Students interested in transferring for continued study towards a bachelor's degree in fire science or related areas should work early and often with a SUNY Broome transfer counselor.
Popular Transfer Colleges and Universities:
- SUNY Empire State College
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- SUNY - Canton
- SUNY - Delhi