Financial Services - A.A.S.
Find a rewarding career in the financial services industry with SUNY Broome’s AAS in Financial Services! Graduates are prepared to take the New York State licensing exams in life, accident and health insurance and the Series 6&63 licensing exams.
The degree will prepare you for immediate employment in such areas as commercial loan underwriting, bank and credit union management, investment management, benefits management, personal loan underwriting, stock brokerage, financial planning, accounting, insurance or real estate.
Typical positions for graduates include:
- Real estate agent
- Investment advisor
- Financial planner
- Benefits administrator
- Credit union or banking representative
- Commercial loan representative
- Insurance agent
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Program requires the completion of two practicums or internships (BUS184 and BNK184). Students should plan their schedule accordingly.
- Recommended math preparation: 1 year of Integrated Algebra or equivalent
- Courses available days and evenings. Some courses may only be offered via SUNY Broome distance learning.
- Approximately 80% of the degree requirements can be completed via SUNY Broome distance learning
Full Catalog Entry, Mission & Goals
Program ContactsBusiness and Professional Studies
Business Building, Room 104
Division: Business and Professional Studies
Apply NowView Careers