Computer Technology - A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of modern programmers.
- Apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Conduct laboratory and field testing procedures and to interpret data and apply result.
- Apply creativity in the design of systems, components or processes appropriate to program objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and solve technical problems.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
SUNY Broome’s Computer Technology A.A.S. Degree program has three career paths: Technical, Network, or Network Security and Computer Forensics. The program prepares you for immediate employment in technical environments where knowledge of the interface between hardware and software is necessary.
Upon graduation, you could be employed as a computer operator, technician/programmer or engineering aide, and work on protecting network data flow and integrity, or on large software projects. Or, you might work directly with digital devices such as microprocessors and computer interfaces for sensors and controllers. Less emphasis is placed on mathematics and more on computer hardware, digital logic and microprocessors.
View Full Catalog Page