Criminal Justice – Police - A.A.S.
Prepare for a career in law enforcement with the AAS in Criminal Justice – Police.
The program covers criminal law, criminal investigation, criminal procedures, constitutional law, justice administration, psychology, forensic science, physical fitness and police administration. Graduates are prepared for positions in such areas as law enforcement, crime prevention and detection, security, corrections, probation, parole, juvenile justice and social welfare.
Teaching staff includes working professionals with expertise in various fields.
- Program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters
- Program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Recommended math preparation: at least 1 year of high school math to include Integrated Algebra or equivalent
- Courses available days and evenings although some courses may only be offered days
- Approximately 50% of the degree requirements can be completed via SUNY Broome distance learning
- Students interested in transferring for continued study towards a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, forensics, pre-law, sociology or other related areas of study should work early and often with a SUNY Broome transfer counselor.
View Full Catalog Page