Criminal Justice – Police: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will describe the components of the criminal justice system.
- Students will describe the duties, roles, and procedures within the field of law enforcement.
- Students will analyze the role of discretion throughout the justice system and law enforcement operations.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
If you’re looking for a career in law enforcement the AAS in Criminal Justice-Police is for you. Graduates are prepared for positions in such areas as law enforcement, crime analysis, dispatch, security, corrections, and juvenile justice. Students may also transfer to a four year institution through specific advisement.
This program is intended to provide:
- An instructional environment that encourages critical thinking and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding necessary to work in the field of study
- Career preparedness opportunities
- The opportunity to collaborate with the community through service learning activities
- Interaction with experienced faculty, guest speakers, common hours, and campus presentations
- The opportunity for seamless transfer and success at four-year institutions (with specific advisement)