The Student Success Squad provides academic counseling to support success and growth to students that may be first generation, income eligible, and/or may have a learning difference. Through our holistic practices and programming, students are able to achieve their goals and enrich their college experiences.
What is Student Success Squad?
Student Success Squad is designed to support students who are first-generation, low-income, and/or disabled. Through an array of services, Student Success Squad helps students earn a certificate or an associate’s degree and transfer to a 4-year college to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Ready to get started?
To learn more or begin the application process to join the Student Success Squad, fill out the inquiry form and a Squad member will reach out to you with your next steps.
Applications are accepted for Fall, Winter, Summer, and Spring semesters. Eligible students will be required to come in for an intake. Only completed applications will be considered.
If you have questions about getting started, please contact Stephanie Malmberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 (607) 778-5150.
- Attend workshops focused on academic, career planning, college success skills, and financial aid and scholarships.
- Attend new student Orientation and Fall and Spring Check-In sessions
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Is a First Generation College Student (neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree)
- Meets Federal Low-Income Guidelines
- Or Has a Documented Disability and
- Meets US Citizenship and/or Residency requirements
Benefits of Participation
- Specialized orientation and check-in sessions
- Academic coaching and intervention
- Priority tutoring
- Assistive technology
- Study skills assistance
- Personal guidance
- Academic success workshops
- Course selection assistance
- Academic and degree planning assistance
- Student advocacy skills training
- Financial aid/literacy counseling
- Career planning
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Referral services