In keeping with the College’s mission statement, Human Resources is wholly dedicated to providing professional, courteous and confidential employee-driven services to each employee on an individual basis, while adhering to the regulations of the County, State, Federal governments, SUNY Broome Board of Trustees, Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security and Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) Accreditation necessary for the continuing and successful operation of the College.
- Provide impartial, unbiased employee selection, recruitment and, hiring services for the College.
- Undertake performance management, position classification, compensation and benefits, labor relations, employee health and occupational wellness, and organizational developmental activities.
- Adhere to respective bargaining unit contracts, integrity with regard to procedures, laws and regulations and continuity of professional job titles and salary comparativeness through collaboration with College and County Departments, the Boards of Trustees, SUNY Central Administration and external agencies.
- Collaborate with academic departments and administrative units to ensure the hiring of a diverse workforce per strategic plan goal one.
- Uphold the rules and regulations to ensure diversity, non-discrimination and protection of employees/students through compliance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustments Assistance Act of 1974 and act as a liaison to employees/students with regard to affirmative action and Title IX issues.
- Ensure a fair hiring process and practice at the College.
- Ensure an effective and efficient updated performance management, compensation and benefits process, labor relations, employee health and occupational wellness and organizational developmental activities.
- Ensure that all bargaining unit contracts are held to their expected standards.
- Increase the hiring of a diverse workforce.
- Implement state and federal compliance rules/regulations to ensure a fair and safe work environment for all students and employees of the College.